Spring 2022 Class Schedule
All Classes held on-site at PS6
The spring semester of BA at PS6 will begin on Wednesday February 2nd, 2022 and end on Friday June 17th, 2022.
The program runs 5 days a week from 2:35-5PM
Pick up is via the PS6 Yard (82nd bet Mad and Park) at 5PM
Students choose to register for a day(s) of the week for the length of the semester.
****AS PER THE NEW NYC VACCINE MANDATE EFFECTIVE DEC 14th 2021, COMPLETELY UNVACCINATED STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND CLASSES. AFTER REGISTERING PLEASE EMAIL A PICTURE OF YOUR CHILD(REN)'S VACCINATION CARD TO BACOACHES@GMAIL.COM-PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR CHILD'S NAME IN THE EMAIL. BA WILL REACH OUT TO ANY FAMILY THAT IS REGISTERED BUT HAS NOT SUBMITTED PROOF OF VACCINATION.****
Mondays: Coed Fast Paced Sports Class: Grades 2-5- First Class: 2/7/22; Last Class: 6/13/22: Sessions: 15
· The sports covered will be Speedball, Soccer, European Handball, and Dodgeball.
· This class will cover a specific one of the listed sports for two weeks using creative drills, training, and in game situations. We will then run a 3 week tournament in that sport. We then move on to the next sport and repeat the process!
· This class is perfect for a more competitive student!
Tuesdays: Introduction to Coed Youth Sports: Grades K-3- First Class: 2/8/22; Last Class: 6/14/22: Sessions: 16
· The most popular class at Big Apple in recent years! This class will sell out!
· The Tuesday class will cover Soccer, Baseball, Floor Hockey, and European Handball.
· This class is designed for younger students and will focus on the basics of these sports. Emphasis will be placed on team work, basic skills, sportsmanship, game comprehension, and complete participation!
Wednesdays: All Girls Tournament Class ; Grades 2-5; First Class: 2/2/22; Last Class: 6/15/22: Sessions: 18
· The sports covered: Basketball, Dodgeball, Baseball, Field Hockey, European Handball, Kickball, and Speedball.
· The focus of this class will be on basic skill development in a variety of fast paced sports for young female athletes.
· Big Apple will run drills, games, and tournaments that will emphasize player development, sportsmanship, agility, eye-hand coordination and in game communication. This class will sell out!
Thursdays: Coed Youth Tennis and Strength/Motor Skill Development; Grades K-5; First Class 2/3/22; Last Class: 6/16/22: Sessions 17
· The Tennis Program is divided into two sessions. One for grades K-2nd and the other for Grades 3rd-5th.
· For Grades K-2 they will start after school in the gym with tennis instruction for 50 minutes. Then afterwards will join the cardio and strength portion of the class for the 2nd hour. During the 2nd hour students will run drills, games, and small tournaments that emphasize player development. The class will dismiss at 5PM
· For Grades 3-5, these students will start after school in the yard and participate in the cardio and strength portion of class. The kids will run games, drills, and small tournaments in BA favorites. During the second hour students will head to the gym for tennis instruction!
The class will dismiss at 5PM for both age groups
· This class will work on tennis skills including backhands, forehands, volleys, proper serving, and cardio via fun and creative instruction!
Fridays: Intramural Sports Coed Tournament; Grades 2-5; First Class: 2/4/22; Last Class: 6/17/22: Sessions: 17
· One of the most popular after school programs offered at Big Apple Youth Sports. The class is a semester long sports tournament!
· Classes are divided by age and skill level. Sports Played: Soccer, Floor Hockey, Dodgeball, Flag Football, Speedball and many more! Register early this class will sell out!
· As the class progresses we will divide the class into teams and run a semester long tournament complete with trophies and MVP awards!
Please be aware all BA classes will also on occasion play other sports than those listed for the class on that day.
Holidays for the spring:
Feb 1st (Tues), Feb 21(Mon)-Feb 25th (Fri), April 15 (Fri)-April 22 (Fri), May 2 (Mon), May 30 (Mon), June 7 (Tues), June 9 (Thurs).
Last Day of Big Apple at PS6 June 17th.